- Quicker - Shorter asset outage.
- Less preparation required to surfaces.
- Cost effective.
- Less pre-treatment and remediation works.
- Non weather dependant.
- Reduces health and safety risks.
- Independently verified and certified.
- Minimum access required during installation
- Proven track record of installations
This DWI flexible internal lining is a TPO (Thermoplastic Polyolefin) membrane, dimensionally stabilized with a sheet of glass fibre, specifically designed for waterproofing tanks and containers used for drinking water.
- The upper surface (light green) is treated against UV rays
- The underside (black) is highly resistant to puncture
- Thickness: 1.5mm – 2mm
All tank membrane, with the exception of the details, are welded to each other using automatic “double seam” thermal fusion welding machines.
This system involves welding together two strips of material (seams) by hot wedge or hot air, overlapping the edges of adjacent sheets, leaving a channel between the two welding lines.
This form of welding allows the homogeneous seal of the overlaps to be tested by blowing compressed air into the channel at a pressure of about 2 bar.
It is clear that a positive air test means that, the seams are welded perfectly without any margin of error.
On completion of the lining works an independent validator will electronically scan the entire surface including welds.
The electrical current will identify any damage or defect in the lining materials that may have be caused by installation, manipulation, transit, or following trades.
On completion a certificate of conformity is supplied.